Friday 10 December 2010

Friday Confessional: Ailsa from BeautyBay Confesses All

When Ailsa from BeautyBay.com asked if it would be possible to take a turn in the Friday Confessional I was thrilled. It really is open to everyone not just bloggers. Anyway, I discovered why Ailsa was so keen to confess, she really is naughty lady. If you are of a sensitive disposition or squeamish, I suggest you just skip to the end......




Confession is good for the soul, go ahead and unburden yourself! I promise I won’t judge.

I’m really lazy at painting my toe nails, so I start with a pale colour at the start of the summer, and when they get grubby/grow out, paint over with a slightly darker colour. By the end of the summer I have the deepest purple and haven’t removed any of the previous layers!

I bought a BeautyBlender and use it religiously, but I’ve only washed it twice (I’ve had it for 3 months). FYI, they should be washed after every use. It’s best not to discuss the state of my muslin cloths!

My friends presume I get all these free beauty products at work and are always looking for samples. Sometimes I just give them the ones I rip out of magazines and tell them it’s from my work!

I got a perm (spiral, of course) at 11 years old, and was in tears. I thought permed hair was straight for 3 inches at the roots, I didn’t realise everyone else’s had just gown out! The shame! I got another and another...until I was 15.

One of my favourite past-times is to try and convince my hubby to let me tackle his stubble with a pair of tweezers...one hair at a time. I normally convince him by telling him I’m removing the ginger ones.

As above, I love to pick, tweeze, scrape and peel – my favourite thing to do when I was younger was to peel sunburnt skin. Who am I kidding? I still love to do this!


There, don’t you feel better now?

A bit, I’m going to email this straight back to you, so I don’t chicken out! Working for a beauty retailer, people expect you to be pulled together and polished....they’re in for a surprise, I’m definitely the exception to the rule.


Aunty Brown has a few more questions though; it’s true that I’m the nosy type.


When was the last time you visited the hairdresser?

5 weeks ago? I’m due back next week. Don’t judge me, but I got a ‘Kerry Katona’. I said don’t judge me! This is what I was aiming for.




You have a choice: bad hair or bad nails?

Bad nails (and long sleeves)

What is the oldest item of make up in your collection?

My kabuki brush from No. 17 – my mum got me it for my Christmas as least ten years ago with some very bronze pearls. They were soon dumped, but I kept the brush. I do keep meaning to replace it though, along with the other 50 I own!

Which trend still makes you cringe?

False nails from a packet! If you want nice nails, get a manicure or fork out for acrylics. Don’t pay £1.99 and expect me to think those 5cm pieces of pink plastic are real. They. Are. Not! I. Can. Tell. Especially when there are only 8 left....

----------------------------------------

Thank you Ailsa, very enlightening! Aunty Brown is going to ask Santa to brings you some shampoo for your BeautyBlender. Ewwww! If you want to keep up with Ailsa's escapades you can follow her on Twitter. It's definitely worth it, she's lovely and there's not a whiff of this dirty unsantiary behaviour on there.

Edit: I forgot to add this when I originally posted. I have talked about Give and Make Up before. It's an amazing campaign to donate spare or unwanted beauty products to those women that are staying in Refuge centres. Currently, they also have a shoebox campaign for Christmas. The terrific people at BeautyBay.com have volunteered to be a drop off point for your donations. So, if you're in the Manchester area they are your nearest point of call. You can look here for a complete list of drop off points. Anything you can give will be gratefully received and I'm sure we can all forgive Ailsa's minor indiscretions for such good work.


If you would like to take a turn and unburden yourself in the Friday Confessional you can email me at modestybrown@googlemail.com. It's open to everyone: if you have something to confess, I'm happy to hear it!



6 comments:

  1. hahah I love this. Especially the bit about giving samples to friends. I think thats a bit "evil genius" haha

    Also a girl after my own heart when it comes to toenails I see. Good work Ailsa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that when I paint my toenails as well! Does anybody actually ever bother removing it properly? lol :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How grotty do I sound? Honestly peeps, I'm really a very clean, relatively high maintenance person (I did wash the said BeautyBlender last week). Thanks goodness my dear old mum isn't sure what blogging is, if she read this she'd be mortified!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlie and Ms. Wedgie, it gives me a great sense of relief to know I'm not the only one that is less regular with a pedicure. I wear such dark colours on my toes that it usually looks like a blood bath when I try and take it off.

    Ailsa, even the high maintenance have a few dirty secrets ;). As long as you keep the BeautyBlender at home no one need ever know...........I guess we've scuppered that plan a bit though.

    In terms of prodding, picking and tweezing, well I thought everybody did that. It's just too tempting. Especially if it's on someone else! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of fun! Made me giggle :-)

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ali, it certainly made me laugh. It's good to know even high maintenance ladies have their naughty habits! x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails