Friday 31 December 2010

Friday Confessional: May Loves Makeup

It's the gorgeous May from May Loves Makeup that shares her naughty past with us today. It's a great way to ring in the New Year by letting go of your past misdemeanors. Feel free to offload in the comments box, I'd love to have a laugh help you out! Take it away May...



Confession is good for the soul, go ahead and unburden yourself! I promise I won’ t judge.

I’m  guilty of abusing my hair in my younger years. I regularly tortured it with Sun-In for a couple of years in my teens and not content with that I used an actual iron to make my rebellious locks super-straight before sophisticated hair straighteners came into my life!  I wasn’t feeling too sophisticated when I sat on my GHDs a couple of years ago though. I was getting ready to go out, prancing about in my underwear, placed my GHDs on the bed whilst I quickly skipped to the bathroom to get some heat protector spray and you can guess the rest, the physical and emotional scars are still there!

In Secondary school you wouldn’t catch me without lashings and lashings of black kohl round my eyes and I had a nasty habit of leaving my makeup on overnight. I can’t bear the thought of doing that now though!

Do you think it will catch on?


There  don’ t you feel better now?..........

Aunty Brown has a few more questions though; it’ s true that I’ m the nosy type.

When was the last time you visited the hairdresser?
On Monday!  I had a trim, a half head of highlights and of course a good gossip!  I try to visit every few weeks.

You have a choice: bad hair or bad nails?
This is just mean! I’m going to say bad nails because it’s probably less noticeable but it would drive me up the wall!

What is the oldest item of make up in your collection?
I try to be hygienic and have regular clear outs of my makeup stash but it’s probably my Benefit Dandelion blush, I’ve had it for years! Despite using it very regularly it’s still half-full!

---------------------------------------

Thank you so much for sharing May. Your GHD incident made me wince, those things get so hot! I imagine you have a very lasting memory of that occasion?
If you would like to take a turn and unburden yourself in the Friday Confessional you can email me at modestybrown@googlemail.com. It's open to everyone: if you have something to confess, I'm happy to hear it!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Friday confessionals! I've heard of so many ghd related accidents, they really should come with a health warning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard some awful stories about GHD and terrible burns too. You have to be so careful. Glad you enjoy the confessionals, let me know if you fancy taking a turn! x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails