Friday 7 January 2011

Eyelining's Friday Confessions

Today see's the lovely Claire from Eyelining and Other Makeup Obsessions take a turn in the (not so) hot seat! Sit back an enjoy, for this is special...



Confession is good for the soul, go ahead and unburden yourself! I promise I won’t judge.

Forgive me for I have sinned. I have abused my hair, my skin and the poor folks who had to look upon me. I’ll start with my hair. Until this week the last time I got my hair cut was June. And before then? The previous June. It was my boss mentioning my split ends which forced me into action this time. Not only that but until the last 18 months I never EVER used heat protecting products despite straightening my hair all the time. Lovely. My hairdresser has a special frown of judgment that she reserves just for me.


Aside from washing it my skin didn’t get any treatment (special or otherwise) until the age of 22. No moisturiser, no toner, not even sunscreen unless I was on holiday. It wasn’t that I didn’t think it required any it’s just that I couldn’t be bothered.


Until the age of ooh... 19? When I wore eyeshadow it would be one colour applied to the lid space only with a foam applicator. If the colour for the day was black then so be it. Matte black would be applied to the lid only. No attempt at blending, not even an inkling of what that might mean. *Sigh*

You used the foam applicator?


I am guilty of purchasing bronzer because it was part of a collection despite the fact that I have not one clue as to how I would go about using it. Genuinely I don’t know where on my face it should go, how I should apply it or what it’s supposed to look like when it’s done properly. More than that I don’t want to learn how to use it. Bronzer frightens me so it just sits there mocking me in the drawer never to see the light of day again.

Can I ever be forgiven for these sins?

There, don’t you feel better now? Ok, well maybe not...

Aunty Brown has a few more questions though; it’s true that I’m the nosy type.


When was the last time you visited the hairdresser?

This week. By the time the poor girl was done it looked like a furry critter had exploded on the floor. She had to pause for a glass of water so she could carry on ‘tutting’ disapprovingly.

You have a choice: bad hair or bad nails?

On any given day I might have both! I’d rather just have the bad nails though. People might not look at them but they can’t miss the mop!

What is the oldest item of make up in your collection?

Thankfully nothing too scary. Just some cosmetics glitter left from various Halloween costumes. Some might be up to 8 years old but I’m guessing glitter doesn’t have a sell by date. I recently parted company with a black lipstick that I’d had for 5 years. It smelled lovely...

Which trend still makes you cringe?

I was at middle school in the 90’s and the uniform of choice for the ‘popular’ girls was a fringe curled over a barrel brush with 2 cans of hairspray keeping it in shape (it had to hit the eyebrows dead on when curled), blue eyeliner and brown lipstick. And before you ask no I did not partake of these trends thank you very much!

------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for sharing Claire. Even Aunty Brown is stiffling giggles at the combination of brown lipstick and blue eyeliner. Your black lipstick sounds quite charming! 

I currently have no more volunteers for the confessional. If you're game enough to take a turn, I'd love to hear from you. You can email me at the usual address modestybrown@googlemail.com. Everybody is welcome, you don't have to be a beauty blogger, all that is required is a desire to rid yourself of your dirty little secrets!

9 comments:

  1. Oh dear god, I do LOVE Friday Confessions! Keep it up please, it's one of the best regular blog features I've ever found anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful as always. Keep thinking I might volunteer myself, until I remember I am a paragon of virtue. And if you'll believe that....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I actually remember seeing a tutorial on TV of 2 girls doing the 'coke can' fringe.

    Bascially you put the empty can under your fringe (for shape) and set with a whole lotta hairspray.

    Niiiice. Ha.

    Clever Rabbit Beauty Blog
    Polish. Potions. Whatever.

    Follow me on twitter @Clever_Rabbit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had forgotten how much I enjoy these posts. Thankyou Jane and Claire. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great confessions post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had one of those fringes! All the girls had a perm though with tight corkscrew curls and a straight barrel curled fringe LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ola: Thanks Ola, that’s such a nice thing to say. I’m glad you enjoy it. I can’t take any credit though as it’s all down to the lovely bloggers that take part. I love reading the confessions too.

    @Debbie: You should do it through the medium of pictures. You could even go and catch some crimes against beauty by others. I think a snap of the testers in Superdrug ought to do it after school kicking out time!!

    @Clever Rabbit: Loving the idea of a coke can fringe tutorial! Hilarious!

    @Jan: Glad you enjoyed in Jan. They always really tickle me. Lots of gems in this one!

    @Primp and Preen: Thanks, I’m glad you enjoyed it.

    @Karleigh: You should SO do a tutorial on the perfect coke can fringe!

    Thanks again to Claire for a great confessions post!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. i laughed so hard at this :) its a brilliant idea i cant wait for next fridays :D
    oh a not so bright note i used to have a sexy fringe just like that :| haha
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your post Claire, so funny. I'm glad you feel better ;)

    Hi Adrienne, it sounds like you weren't the only one to rock the coke can fringe! I'm glad you enjoyed the post.

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails