Friday 21 January 2011

The Friday Double Bill Continues: Lyuba Confesses

The second confessional today comes from Lyuba from Funky Makeup Junkie. A woman after my own heart, fasten your seat belts ladies, this is a biggie!


Confession is good for the soul, go ahead and unburden yourself! I promise I won’t judge.

Forgive me Aunty Brown for I have sinned. Sadly, or maybe not haha, I’m not even ashamed of some of them.

- Until I moved to USA at the age of 15, I never ever EVER used a sunscreen... Never even heard of it.... because it wasn’t readily available in Ukraine at the time. Then in Florida I became known as a “Sunscreen Queen” because I would always carry several bottles with me to the beach, and apply it to my friends regardless of them wanting it or not. But I would never wear it during regular days, justifying that I wasn’t out in the sun at all (because we all know that driving in the car for hours at a time doesn’t count right? Right?) Now living in UK I rarely use sunscreen too, unless I know I will be out and about for a whole day in the sun. All the other days I would like my poor white skin to get some kind of sun ;P

- When I lived in Ukraine I hated brushing my hair. Due to circumstances of our life there, I only got to properly wash my hair once a week, so imagine combination of that and not brushing? Lets just say mom had a lot of fun fixing it for me. Once I got a little older and figured out that my hair is oily, I started washing it every other day with mom’s help.

- Which brings me to another point. Until I moved out from my parent house (once I got married at 23), I still had my mom help me style my hair. I’m completely clueless when it comes to styling my hair, and the only reasons why I don’t get her help now is because: 1. I’m in UK, she is in US, and 2. My hair is so short now, it doesn’t need much styling.

- I’m guilty of wearing a tight ponytail for years upon years. No wonder my head hurt so much!!

- I don’t like painting my toe nails, and the only ways I do it is when my husband starts to tell me that I need to “paint my toesies again because it looks so cute”. Yup, my husband pays more attention to my toe nails than I am.

- When my husband gets deployed, I usually fall asleep on the couch without taking my makeup off. He is deployed right now, so my poor skin hates me right now.

Can someone please pass me the face wipes?


- I rarely shave my legs, even in summer. I justify it with the fact that my hairs are so light; no one can see anything anyways.

- Until early 2010 I never even used moisturizer or toner and until few month ago I didn’t even realize how important it is to moisturize my skin.

- Yet I am still too lazy to moisturize my whole body, especially my legs.

- I rarely use any kind of perfume, just can’t be bothered with it.

- I bought Bare Minerals brush cleanser and didn’t use it for a year. It was just standing on the shelf, looking all pretty but not being used. Now I was my brushes every 2-3 weeks or so? Still can’t bring myself to properly wash them EVERY week.

- I have makeup stuff that I bought over a month ago, but haven’t touched yet because I haven’t photographed it... And the stuff I got yesterday, same story :)

- I’m very envious of my husband’s feet. How is it he, who NEVER EVER does anything to his feet, who wears combat boots all the time, has feet softer than mine? Me who lathers my feet with lotions and scrubs scrubs scrubs?

- I really want to cut my hair short a-la Emma Watson (not because she did it, but because she is the one who happens to have the haircut I want) but my husband will cry. I already cut my hair as short as I can get away without upsetting him. Because although it IS my hair, I still want him happy too lol.

- I used to be a nail biter for years, and even now when I’m stressed out I can go back to it. That’s why I get my nails done every month with gel and pretty designs.



There, don’t you feel better now?

A little bit lol. I didn’t even realize I had so much to confess, and I could have kept going too.

Aunty Brown has a few more questions though; it’s true that I’m the nosy type.


When was the last time you visited the hairdresser?
About a week ago, where I asked her to trim my hair as short as she can haha. I’m sure she could have done shorter, but my hairdresser actually likes me so she said she can only do half an inch for it to look even and good.


You have a choice: bad hair or bad nails?
Bad hair. Being a nail biter for years, I can tell you that people do NOTICE. And I’m not going through that shame ever again. I’m known as a crazy hat lady to my friends, so I can always wear a hat if I had a bad hair day. No one even going to suspect that I’m having a bad hair day, because I wear hats so often haha ;P

Lyuba gives good hat!



What is the oldest item of make up in your collection?
I cleaned out my makeup right before I moved to UK a little less than 2 years ago. Although my original EcoTools brushes were bought right before I moved, so I guess they are my oldest makeup item. :)

Which trend still makes you cringe?
Nude lipsticks on a very light skin, or a very light pink shimmery lipstick on a very dark tanned skin. And I’m not talking about pretty nude lipsticks, I’m talking about those that are so light they make you look like a zombie! There is a lady at work that has skin about as light as mine and wears lipstick about as light as her skin. Zombie I’m telling you! I cringe every time I see her. For the second trend, I just think it looks very tacky.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Fantastic stuff, you must feel lighter after all that. Thank you very much for unburdening! If you would like to take a turn and unburden yourself in the Friday Confessional you can email me at modestybrown@googlemail.com. It's open to everyone: if you have something to confess, I'm happy to hear it!

3 comments:

  1. Ok that was definitely the worst one so far...lol! Am shocked at the not washing hair thing the most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, naughty naughty Lyuba. Makes great reading though. Did you have to peep through your hands? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha and incidentally that's one of my confessions that I'm not really sorry for at all... the not washing part, not the not brushing part lol. ;P (I'm pretty ashamed of that one) It was one of those things where you had to put a considerable effort to get water heated for the bath... for the whole family of 6... when bathroom didn't even have heating, and rarely hot water. Did I mentioned we didn't have indoor plumbing? Sorry, rambling here :) :) I'll stop now or you'll get another dose of confessions haha.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails