Friday 11 February 2011

MAC Wonder Woman and Shu Uemura Paloma Faith Collections


You've no doubt seen pictures of the MAC Wonder Woman collection already. This is another interesting collaboration from MAC and I think it will divide opinion in a similar way to last year's Venomous Villains. Personally, I'm on the fence. I loved Wonder Woman as a little girl and I even had a snazzy dressing up outfit. I tend to be more conservative in my makeup taste though. I'm not sure what I think to the product packaging but I love the promotional artwork which also appears on the external packaging. I think that's the bit that makes me feel most nostalgic.


The first thing that caught my eye from this collection was Marquise D' lipstick. This is a re-promote of a colour that came out with the Blonde Brunette Redhead collection a couple of years ago. It's also a shade I regret not purchasing so I'll definitely be snapping this up. I'm also keen to take a look at Spitfire lipstick, a bright magenta and the super-sized duo blush in Amazon Princess. I'll confess a fascination with the jumbo sized lipglasses too. For an idea of the difference in size take a look at Temptalia's pictures here. I should mention that the prices will be bigger too for quite a few of these items, the Wonder Woman lipglasses will retail for £17 and the lipsticks for £15.

Wonder Woman be released exclusively by Selfridges on 17th February, both online and in store. It will be released nationwide on 3rd March.

Picture from Selfridges.com


Another Selfridges exclusive this month is the Shu Uemura Paloma Faith collection. Apparently influenced by Paloma's fondness for avant-garde cinema, the collection consists of a red lipstick (£20), black gel eyeliner (£20), limited edition lashes (£55) and a palette (£57). I think the palette looks very pretty and the packaging is very stylish but I'm a little surprised by the price. The cost of two eyeshadows and a blusher from the regular line would be £48 and considering that the Morphorium Blue and Sunset Gold palettes cost £39 (which incidentally, I think look beautiful) I think again you are paying extra for the special edition packaging.

Are you planning any purchases from these collections? What do you think to the Wonder Woman collection, are looking forward to indulging your inner Super Hero?

10 comments:

  1. I always love to indulge my inner superhero!! :) I've been a comic nerd for years so I've been looking forward to this for AGES!!! Depending on my budget I'll probably be going for Marquise D', Spitfire and Russian Red! That price hike is going to hurt my purse a bit methinks!! YIKES!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh yes, just the three lipsticks will be £45. I expect for some people these will be treated as collectors items rather than cosmetics. I'll be really interested to see what sells out first too. As I say, I'm fascinated by the lipglasses. I think you'd need a good superhero style pout to carry of the 'massive wand'. Chortle, chortle....
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you've posted this - I've been trying to find the release dates for the WW collection for ages, I'm so lusting after it! I've just mentioned this to Mr TBBB (who aparently knew about it already and had read a review) and he's given me a 10 minute lecture about how the modern WW is totally different from the original one, and now just a branding oportunity blah blah blah....whilst sipping his coffee from a WW branded mug I might add (he has 3 WW mugs)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that he already knows all about it! It sounds like he's definitely done his research. I don't know so much about the comics, I was more of a Lynda girl. If he's a fan, I'm sure he should get you something. Just so he can keep the packaging once you've finished you understand ;)
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I am just going to say no to MAC WW, is there anything else coming out with it?
    I wasn't impressed by the price of that Shu palette either, what we need is the Shine Mystique Eye Color in Khaki Silver... x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the look of the lipstick packaging from MAC WW but I am not sure if I will get anything, will have to wait and see how this looks in real life. I really want to get the Shu gel liner once I finish my MAC fluidline but as that's part of the permanent collection I am not going to rush out and get it just because of the packaging (I think I prefer the sleek simplicity of the original Shu packaging).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in 2 minds about this - I too missed out on the Marquise D' Lipstick and deeply regretted it. Although I don't like the vanillary scent I do like the finish of a MAC lipstick. Thanks for this Jane. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Replica: Another collection at the same time? I expect so but I’m not sure. I know there’s a lot of stuff in this collection, including brush sets so maybe not. I think the Shu palette is very expensive considering it works out more expensive and most palettes represent a saving. You have to make me look at that Khaki Silver too didn’t you? ;P

    @Meeta: Will you go and look when it’s out in Selfridges? I’m certain I’ll get Marquise D’ lipstick after missing it last time. I didn’t check out the other prices, is the gel eyeliner more expensive in this packaging too?

    @Jan: I was very excited when I saw it was going to be released with this collection. I’m not as excited that it is more expensive of course!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Wonder Woman too, but I find the packaging so tacky. Imagine taking out one of those lipsticks at work! Still, if the actual product is good, I guess it shouldn't matter.

    The Shu collection sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'd be more worried about whipping the lipglosses out in public as they're super sized! Though oddly, I rather like the idea of some Amazonian sized lipsticks. I would really like to see the Shu collection in person. I hope to have a look next time I'm in London.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails