Friday 3 June 2011

Marcia's Eyeliner Confessions!

This week Marcia, one half of Beauty Info Zone, has decided it's time to come clean. Be prepared, I never realised how much one woman could become attached to her eyeliner....

Image credit


Confession is good for the soul, go ahead and unburden yourself! I promise I won’t judge.

Confession time is hard when you bare you soul in a beauty blog every day but here goes. I’m addicted to eyeshadow and eyeliner. Truly addicted. I can’t get enough. Do they have Eyeshadows Anonymous? If not I’d be the one to start the group. But will I? NO WAY. This harmless habit may have eaten up my savings but at least I’ll be happy when they take me away to the poor house (do they still have those or am I giving away my age?). If I’m not buying new eyeshadows then I’m buying more eyeliners. How many brown eyeliners can a girl use? Never mind, I won’t answer that question since the minute I hear about one I don’t have I’ll be buying it. I’ll even admit to the shame of not washing off my eye makeup when I was young since I’d have nightmares that I couldn’t find my eyeliner and I was going on a special date or getting married or something else really important in my life. To stave off the nightmares I’d keep my eye makeup on. Now I know better but I still occasionally have those dreams. I guess I’ll never grow up.


The easy way to grab those extra minutes sleep in the morning.......get ready the night before!


There, don’t you feel better now?

Aunty Brown has a few more questions though; it’s true that I’m the nosy type.

When was the last time you visited the hairdresser?
I’m good about going to the hairdresser. I get my hair colored every 3 to 4 weeks so that’s one place I visit often. I’m not going gray without kicking and screaming all the way.

Which bit of beauty trickery couldn’t you live without?
I can’t live without a 10x mirror and an amazing tweezers. The hair that used to be on my legs is now on my face. It’s embarrassing sometimes to find that an inch long hair has suddenly sprouted overnight on my neck or chin so I’m uberdiligent about watching for this.

You’ve overslept and have 5 minutes to get out of the house. Are you going out with dirty hair or no makeup?
There’s no way I could get my hair looking better in 5 minutes so I’d have to go out with dirty hair. You aren’t catching me without my eyeliner!

Which trend still makes you cringe?
It always seems to be my hair. I just had to have a shag haircut because everyone else was. I swear it ruined my life. The principal I worked for stopped being nice to me! Then it was a perm. Everyone was getting a perm so I wanted one. But I kept my bangs (aka fringe) straight so it looked like I was walking around with two different people’s heads. A bad hair day still makes me cringe. If I ever start talking about a new “in” style I want someone to take away my car keys until it passes.

Sharon was sure the hairdresser had been at the drinks cabinet when they suggested a mullet....

 ---------------------------------

I'm picking up the idea that you don't like to be parted from your eyeliner. Thanks for being a tremendous sport and sharing all. If you have something you need to get off your chest and want to take a turn in the Friday Confessional you can email me at modestybrown@googlemail.com. It's open to everyone: if you have something to confess, I'm happy to hear it!

1 comment:

  1. LOL. Marcia is one of the nicest eyeliner addicts I know. I have *known* her for almost 10 years! Great minds think alike- I have one of those dreadful mirrors and tweezers are always on my person! Thanks Auntie Brown for another entertaining read! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails