Tuesday 27 March 2012

Taupes Revisited: Kjaer Weis Wisdom

I moaned at the size and I was far too tight to buy the pot, but Kjaer Weis Wisdom eyeshadow is a much loved taupe in my collection. If you've never been drawn to taupe this probably won't get you all that excited but I find Wisdom wins in the Taupe Trifecta: perfect finish, texture and colour.

Kjaer+Weis+Wisdom2

Kjaer+Weis+Wisdom3

It is the exact shade of deep mushroom that I have been trying to replicate since I acquired my first taupe eyeshadow from my Mum aged 14. She's probably still wondering where it went! It's a fraction darker than the majority of my other satin finish taupes (I don't include Satin Taupe here as I would actually say that has a frost finish rather than satin) and so it makes a darker, more moody shadow on my lids. I use this all over the lid but I think it would also work well for adding subtle definition to the crease if you paired with a light eyeshadow.

There's a tiny hint of iridescent shimmer which is only visible in out of focus images. It's this shimmer which prevents it looking flat on the skin. Pigmentation is good and application is very smooth: it almost seems to melt into my skin. I find it lasts well with no creasing but I always use a primer as my lids are prone to oiliness.

The Kjaer Weis line is an organic range and I think this is one of those occasion where that fact is purely incidental. This is an excellent high end eyeshadow that just so happens to be organic. Being organic does however go some way to explaining the high price tag. The refillable packaging system is part of the explanation too.

KJ packaging
Image from the Kjaer Weis website

Kjaer Weis is no longer available from SpaceNK but thanks to Lipglossiping's post, I discovered that you can order from www.slowfashionhouse.com if you're in Europe. The eyeshadows cost 38€ and the refills cost 18€ (roughly £31 and £15 respectively) but I'm not sure on shipping charges as they are calculated per weight. For those of you in the States, you can find details of where to buy here.


11 comments:

  1. I had never heard of that brand, this is a beautiful colour. I love that it's a dark taupe, the finish looks lovely too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think the brand is very well know. It was created by a Danish makeup artist and, although it's a small collection, I really like the colours. You know how I can't resist the taupes!

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't have looked twice at a taupe till about a year ago but now I'm nigh on obsessed with them!
    This looks great - hadn't heard of the brand before, so thanks!
    Emma xo
    www.fluffandfripperies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma, the taupes always get you in the end! Kjaer Weis was available through SpaceNK for a while but I think it was only in a handful of their stores x

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the resource links, MB! I'd expect it to be sold in LA, but I am quite surprised it isn't available in NYC, especially since its eponymous creator lives there. The wee salon in Vermont sells the brand online, and a single eyeshadow (which appears to be sold in that cool silvery compact) costs $44 USD.

    Poking around that VT web site, I just discovered I can build a customized sample kit for only $25. I am not sure whether to kiss you or curse you. Last thing I need from you makeup pioneers is another obsession! :^)

    Wisdom looks beautiful, and Divine looks, um, divine! I'm quite sure we've seen Wisdom on you in an EOTD before ... gonna go look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace was cursing me last night for the links :D. I think I've used Wisdom in an EOTD before. If you can't find one, I know I was wearing it when I took the pics of EF 303 so I can upload a picture to share with you.

      Delete
  4. *curses you again* I am so so so tempted. I really want this now it's (even) harder to get :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the packaging and have been tempted by the line but I just won't pay that for the compact. There's so little though about the line that finding pictures is hard. I'm glad you are sharing with us although I may join Ms London in cursing you one day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I'm a big fan of kjaer weis and the wisdom eyeshadow is my fave. It's such a great colour and top quality. I also love onyx (charcoal) and the cloud nine as base. Yes it's hard to fork out 44$ but the refills are only 22 so I think it's ok and the casing is pretty. (I'm also a fan of the blushes. They are gorgeous). You can get it at spiritbeautylounge state side (they ship world wide) There's a store who sells it in Berlin and beautycube in Spain. I'm surprised that content beauty doesn't stock it in London...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and the creator sells it over her website too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments. Yes, there is a shop on the kjaer weiss website and I have included links in my post to all the stockists. But if you're in the UK it makes sense to buy within Europe as otherwise there are Customs Charges when packages arrive this end which sting quite a bit!!

      Delete

I love receiving comments and read each and every one. I always do my best to reply too. If you have a question and need a quick response, please feel free to email me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails